Assistant Manager – Accounting
Forming part of the ARQ Group, ARQ Accounting Limited provides local and international clients with a range of services that include Book-Keeping, Management Accounting, Payroll, VAT and Tax compliance services and acts as a trusted advisor, adding value to these standard services.
The Assistant Manager – Accounting will report to the Manager managing ARQ Accounting Limited. The selected candidate will be driven, ambitious and enjoys working in a challenging, fast-paced environment. This role calls for someone who is committed to delivering a high-quality customer experience to our clients.
- Overseeing the Accounting department and ensuring that all major projects are completed accurately on time.
- Planning, prioritising, and resourcing for the successful completion of daily tasks and projects.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with clients while fostering open communication to manage expectations and meet deadlines.
- Developing staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships.
- Assisting in the formulation of professional development and educational plans for members of staff.
- Providing technical training to junior members of staff.
- Establishing and enforcing proper Accounting and Tax methodology, policies, and principles.
- Assisting the Manager to identify inefficiencies in workflow, and implementing new processes and procedures to ensure timely, accurate financial reporting.
Qualifications & Attributes:
- At least 4 years’ experience in a client accounting role.
- A University degree at master’s level in Accounting, ACA or ACCA qualified.
- Capable of managing a team, inspiring, mentoring, and supervising team members to meet demanding deadlines.
- Ability to work with a team and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Have a strong knowledge of the IFRS and GAPSME reporting standards as well as the Income Tax Act and the Value Added Tax Act.
- Conversant with standard software packages, proficient in MS Excel and be ready to learn company-specific software if required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritise and deliver within tight time frames.
- Knowledge in taxation and/or liquidations will also be considered an asset.
What We Offer:
- Opportunities for career development.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Private health insurance scheme.
- Exciting and friendly work environment.
- Continuous training opportunities.
- Competitive salary package.
- Achievement bonus for employees who further their education in relation to their role.
- An active social committee, organising various fun and team-building events on a regular basis.
Should the above vacancy be of interest to you, we would like to hear from you. An application letter together with a detailed CV can be submitted to this link
The short-listed candidates will be asked to attend an interview.