Manager – Accounting
Part of ARQ Group, ARQ Accounting Limited provides a range of local and international clients with Book-keeping, Management Accounting, Payroll and VAT Compliance services.
We are seeking to employ a Manager to strengthen our Accounting team, under the supervision of the Accounting Partner. Based in our Birkirkara offices, the role requires an ambitious person with strong leadership and management skills and who enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment. The candidate will be responsible for providing direction and mentoring to the team of Accountants and must be committed towards delivering a quality customer experience to our clients.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the Accounting department.
- Provide excellent customer service and ensuring that clients receive prompt responses to requests and queries.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Establish and enforce proper Accounting methodology, policies and principles.
- Supervise and monitor the work of the Accounts department personnel and ensure that they follow the established rules and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize projects and quickly determine the requirements to accomplish them.
- Assist the Head of Accounting identify any inefficiencies in the work flow, and implement new processes and procedures to ensure timely, accurate financial reporting.
- Handling of the Accountancy and VAT work of a portfolio of clients.
- Ability to lead, mentor, motivate and develop staff.
- Have a sound knowledge of the IFRS and GAPSME Reporting Standards.
- Ability to work on own initiative and managing a team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly organised person.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting, ACA or ACCA qualified.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role in corporate accounting will be considered an asset