Assistant Manager/ Manager – Human Resources
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the HR function and implementing strategies communicated to you that are aligned to the Group’s objectives.
You will have the ability to contribute to transform the organisation into a productive, inclusive workspace and you will foster a continuous improvement approach to deliver nothing less than exceptional service to the employees of the Group, working with the team towards achieving an Employer of Choice status.
Securing long-term growth by overseeing training, talent acquisition and career development objectives to ensure best retention rates, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Implement the HR strategy aligned with the Group’s vision to ensure that we recruit and retain the best talent
- Contribute to crafting talent acquisition strategies to build strong channels for the Group’s recruitment needs
- Participate in developing career development plans and succession planning
- Promote inclusion in the workplace and reinforce our position as an equal opportunity employer
- Effective recruitment, on-boarding (induction) and management procedures
- Leading employer branding efforts
- Running and overseeing the complete payroll process across the Group
- Supervise the HR team and ensure personal development and growth to strengthen the HR function
- Evaluate and recommend improvements in training and development programs
- Maintain and enforce HR policies and procedures, ensuring compliance by all employees
- Support your superior in managing extraordinary and unpredictable events that impact all the employees and their efficiency
- Analyse the effectiveness of HR procedures and tools
- Manage, direct and nurture employees to foster continuous growth and a sustainable succession for the Group
- Be open to provide HR advisory services to clients
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
This position requires an individual to be extremely organised, have a keen eye for attention to detail and the flexibility to work with different aspects of a business.
He/She will possess the important qualities of a manager which include integrity, accountability, resilience and being ready to grow on a personal and professional level. He/she will manage others with a high degree of empathy and will positively influence others to reach their full potential.
- A university degree in a related field or a minimum of 3 years’ experience working across every pillar of the HR function.
- A good understanding of the employment and industrial relations act.
- Demonstrated experience working with Shireburn Indigo software and a thorough understanding of the payroll process.
- Experience working with and leading a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills in English.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Confidence and a driver to get things done.
- A desire to make a difference.
- Flexible, proactive, and able to handle a variety of tasks, responsibilities, and direction from the leaders of the organisation.
- A genuine passion for people and their potential in implementing change.
- Strong values combined with a readiness to challenge convention.
- A mindset for continuous improvement.
What we offer:
- Opportunities for career development.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Hybrid working environment.
- Private health insurance scheme.
- Exciting and friendly work environment.
- Training opportunities.
- Competitive salary package.
- Achievement bonus for employees.
- An active social committee, organising various fun and team-building events
Should the above vacancy be of interest to you, we would like to hear from you. An application letter together with a detailed CV should be sent to [email protected].