Executive – Internal Compliance
ARQ Group is a professional services organisation based in Malta, providing a wide range of corporate and advisory services to local and international clients operating within different industry sectors.
The internal compliance department provides compliance, AML & CFT support to the entities within the Group.
The Compliance Executive will report to the MLRO & AML Compliance Manager.
- Undertaking customer onboarding due diligence and overseeing ongoing monitoring of transactions.
- Providing internal support to the entities within the Group in the development of procedures and the application of those procedures, including the provision of guidance and advice.
- Assisting the Group MLRO in the fulfilment of the relevant AML/CFT obligations, including the collection of information in respect of suspicious transactions.
- Reviewing customer files and updating of information.
- Carrying out searches and screening.
- Communication with customers to update customer due diligence.
- Carrying out customer risk assessments.
- Assisting with the periodical reporting to competent authorities.
- Where required, carrying out customer due diligence for the clients of the Group and participating in off-site projects undertaken at clients of the Group.
- Provide support and assistance in the internal coordination of regulatory examinations.
- Assistance in the development and management of systems adopted by the department, ensuring their effectiveness and efficiency.
- AML/CFT training to employees of the Group, associated firms, and clients of the Group.
The position is ideal for ambitious individuals interested in developing a career in AML/CFT and financial crime compliance. The position provides a unique opportunity to join a team of qualified and experienced compliance specialists. Besides the chance for professional growth within the ARQ Group, this position presents a unique opportunity for personal and professional development within the sector.
Qualifications & Attributes:
- At least 2 years` experience in an AML/CFT role.
- A university degree or equivalent qualification in a related field.
- Sound working knowledge of the laws governing the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta, the FIAU Implementing Procedures, the relevant EU legislation, and the international standards.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Work with minimal supervision, to be able to prioritise and deliver quality work within tight time frames.
What we Offer:
- Opportunities for career development.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Private health insurance scheme.
- Exciting and friendly work environment.
- Continuous training opportunities.
- Competitive salary package.
- Achievement bonus for employees who further their education in relation to their role.
- An active social committee, organising various fun and team-building events on a regular basis.
Should the above vacancy be of interest to you, we would like to hear from you. An application letter together with a detailed CV should be sent to [email protected]. The short-listed candidates will be asked to attend an online interview.