ARQ Group (the “Group”) is a professional services organisation, providing a wide range of advisory and corporate services to local and international clients within different industry sectors.
Working collaboratively with Fenech Farrugia Fiott Legal and Capstone Group, ARQ brings together professionals from different disciplines to provide a holistic service offering to the highest standards of excellence. ARQ has built a strong reputation in regulatory and AML compliance advisory services both within the financial services and gaming sectors. The Group also has a strong corporate services, accounting, and tax advisory practice, delivering bespoke solutions that help drive the growth and success of its corporate and private clients.
A vacancy has arisen in ARQ Resources Limited, the strategic support function of the Group that provides support and expert services in the fields of human resources, ICT, marketing administration, and finance to all entities forming part of ARQ Group.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced and aspiring General Manager on a full-time basis who will assume responsibility for the operational functions of the Group. The successful candidate should have the skills and ability to lead the change programme for the transformation of the organisation into an even more productive, inclusive workplace, fostering a continuous improvement approach to deliver nothing less than exceptional service. The person who will ultimately be selected will take on a key role within the organisation, being tasked with the management of the operational, support and administrative functions of the Group, reporting directly to the Managing Partner and the board.
- Lead, manage and drive the performance across all the supporting and administrative functions within the Group to ensure consistent efficient and effective work practices. Overseeing and directing the finance, marketing, IT, human resources, reception, and facilities functions.
- Evaluate performance and productivity of the Group.
- Develop, implement, and oversee internal processes including overseeing the budgeting process across the Group.
- Lead team members, coach, and mentor, to maximise both work output and quality.
- Identify patterns and problem areas and implement effective solutions to increase efficiency while making unnecessary processes redundant.
- Ensure profitable growth is in line with the strategic direction of the Group.
- Updating board members on operational and financial matters across the Group.
- Nurturing a continuous improvement mindset among the teams to ensure that the highest standard is achieved.
- Continuously develop and reshape best practices to provide the best client and employee experience.
Qualifications & Attributes:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role as General Manager or a senior leadership position.
- Possess senior level financial and business acumen.
- Be confident and driven to get things done.
- Entrepreneurial with a desire to make a difference.
- Flexible, proactive, and able to handle a variety of tasks, responsibilities, and direction from the members of the Board.
- A genuine passion for people and their potential to successfully implement change.
- Embrace strong values combined with a readiness to challenge convention.
- Be results oriented and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability in successfully implementing business strategy.
- Experience working in a fast paced and multi-cultural environment managing diverse teams.
- Strong verbal and written skills in English and Maltese.
- A combination of decisiveness and sound judgement.
What we Offer
- Opportunities for career development.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Private health insurance scheme.
- Exciting and friendly work environment.
- Continuous training opportunities.
- Competitive salary package.
- Achievement bonus for employees who further their education in relation to their role.
- An active social committee, organising various fun and team-building events on a regular basis.