IT Systems Administrator
ARQ Group is a professional services organisation, providing a wide range of advisory and corporate services to local and international clients within different industry sectors. Working as a collaborative platform, ARQ brings together professionals from different disciplines to provide a holistic service offering to the highest standards of excellence.
ARQ has built a strong reputation in regulatory and AML compliance advisory services both within the financial services and gaming sectors. The Group also has a strong corporate services, accounting, and tax advisory practice, delivering bespoke solutions that help drive the growth and success of its corporate and private clients. ARQ Resources Limited is the strategic support function of the Group that provides support and expert services in the fields of human resources, ICT, marketing administration, and finance to all entities forming part of ARQ Group.
The IT Systems Administrator will report to the General Manager. The selected candidate will be driven, ambitious and enjoy working in a challenging, fast-paced environment. This role calls for someone who is committed to delivering a high-quality customer experience.
- Overseeing the IT function to ensure minimal disruption.
- System Administration on Windows Server and Office 365 environment.
- Network, server, telephony, wi-fi, CCTV and access control administration.
- Advise on current infrastructure, software, systems, and any other IT related service.
- Communicate with staff, suppliers, and third-party contractors through a series of actions, either face-to-face, electronically or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Keep systems running smoothly and ensure users get the maximum benefit from each.
- Troubleshooting system and network issues in a timely manner.
- Overseeing the ticketing system and user support.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Installing and maintaining Group-wide systems and software applications.
- Troubleshooting systems, diagnosing, and solving hardware and software faults.
- Maintaining IS policies and procedures, upkeep of infrastructure documentation and user guidelines.
- Proactive maintenance and incident reporting.
- Web domain management, administrative upkeep, and DNS management.
Qualifications & Attributes:
- A professional disposition with high ethical standards.
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent would be preferred.
- Proficient in Hyper-V server management, Windows server 2012 R2, PABX systems (SIP), Office365 platform, Fortinet, Unifi, Aruba network devices.
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus.
- Experience in MySQL/MSSQL database administration would be considered an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of information security practices, policies, and regulations.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- Two to three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work well with a team and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise and deliver within tight time frames.
- A flexible approach to work.
What We Offer:
- A competitive salary package.
- Achievement bonus for employees who further their education in relation to their role.
- Opportunities for career development.
- Private health insurance scheme.
- On-the-job training opportunities.
- Exciting and flexible work environment.
- An active social committee, organising various fun and team-building events on a regular basis.
Should the above vacancy be of interest to you, we would like to hear from you. An application letter together with a detailed CV should be sent to [email protected].