Junior Executive Advisor (Risk & Compliance)
This dynamic, progressive Junior Executive Advisor role is an ideal opportunity for a high-potential, highly motivated individual to fast-track their career in risk management and compliance, working directly alongside proven industry leaders in the field of financial services. The successful candidate will gain hands-on experience providing advisory services to some of the largest and most credible financial services institutions in Malta, covering a broad range of products, services, sectors, and business lines. We anticipate that this role will provide a realistic opportunity for a high-performing candidate to obtain management status within 18–24 months.
The Junior Executive Advisor, Risk Management & Compliance, will report directly to the Risk Director of ARQ Risk & Compliance Ltd. The selected candidate will join a wider team of risk management, regulatory, and compliance specialists engaged in the provision of advisory services to both Maltese and international financial services clients.
The primary responsibility is to contribute to risk management advisory projects, including the carrying out of risk assessments, thematic risk analytics and reviews, scenario analysis and stress testing, drafting and/or reviewing of policies and procedures, assisting with the drawing up and implementation of regulatory remediation plans, and providing ongoing technical and operational assistance to Executive, Chief Risk Officers, and Risk functions.
- Assisting clients with business and internal risk management and control frameworks, identifying shortcomings and areas for improvement, and making recommendations that add value to the risk management function and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Assist clients in developing risk analysis, stress testing simulations, and scenario analysis of their capital adequacy and liquidity capacity, alongside other thematic risk analysis.
- Support and provide research insights on changing regulations in areas of risk management, governance, and regulatory obligations for licenced entities.
- Provide expert guidance on policies and procedures, internal processes, and control frameworks, making recommendations to improve and strengthen risk management processes for clients.
- Provide inquisitive, value-additive, and forward-thinking insights on top and emerging risks for clients, providing advice in a thoughtful and structured manner.
- Plan, support, and execute risk management-related projects with clients to deliver beneficial outcomes as their trusted risk and compliance partners.
Opportunities of the Role:
- The position is ideal for ambitious individuals who are interested in developing a career in financial services, compliance, and/or risk management.
- The position provides a unique opportunity to join a team of qualified industry experts with international experience in risk and compliance, covering various engagements in different sectors, from banks and financial institutions to investment firms.
- Besides the chance for professional growth within the ARQ Group, this position presents a unique opportunity for personal and professional development in a crucial area for financial services, working with high-profile licenced institutions.
Education and Experience
- A university degree or equivalent qualification in finance, banking/financial services, business, economics, accounting, risk management, or a related area.
- Preferably, any internships or work experience in a risk management position, compliance, regulatory reporting, finance, or similar..
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of the principles of risk management, including both financial risks (funding, capital, credit risk, etc.) and non-financial risks (operational risk, compliance risk, fraud risk, etc.).
- Sound computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, and be ready to learn if required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent report-writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organisation.
- Strong commitment to excellence and a keen eye for detail.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to work effectively without full supervision, prioritise, and deliver quality work to meet strict deadlines.
What we Offer:
- Opportunities for career development.
- A hybrid approach to work.
- Private health insurance scheme.
- Exciting and friendly work environment.
- Continuous training opportunities.
- Competitive salary package.
- Achievement bonus for employees who further their education in relation to their role.
- An active social committee, organising various fun and team-building events on a regular basis.
Should the above vacancy be of interest to you, we would like to hear from you. An application letter, together with a detailed CV, should be sent to [email protected]. The short-listed candidates will be asked to attend an online interview.