Junior Executive – Tax
Forming part of ARQ Group, ARQ Accounting Limited provides local and international clients with a range of services that include book-keeping, management accounting, payroll, tax, and VAT compliance services as well as tax advisory services and acts as a trusted advisor, adding value to these standard services.
The Junior Executive – Tax will report to the Manager – Tax. The selected candidate will be driven, ambitious and enjoy working in a challenging, fast-paced environment. This role calls for someone who is committed to delivering a high-quality customer experience.
- Handling the Maltese tax affairs of a number of local and international clients, including the preparation and filing of statutory tax documents.
- Liaising with the Inland Revenue Department and International Tax Unit on behalf of clients.
- Assisting the team with a variety of other tax related cases.
- Filing and records retention.
- Maintaining information, files, and records to ensure that the documentation is available and that it complies with the established policies and regulatory guidelines.
Qualifications & Attributes
- At least 1 year experience in a role focused on tax.
- Early stages of completing ACCA certification or an equivalent qualification.
- Conversant with standard software packages, proficient in MS Excel and be ready to learn company-specific software if required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work well with a team and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritise and deliver within tight time frames.
- A flexible approach to work.