Principal ESG Advisor
We are continuously on the lookout to grow our talent pool. We are seeking an individual with skills, knowledge, and potential to help continue our growth in advisory services in the important area of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG).
This senior leadership position will play an integral part in helping our clients achieve and implement their ESG strategies, by professionally guiding and advising them on ESG matters with clear purpose, by supporting their transformation towards a more sustainable world, helping them to contribute and give back to communities, and to embed strong and diverse governance frameworks.
About the role:
- Pro-actively engaging with both existing and new clients to support and deliver market leading ESG advisory services;
- Delivery of ESG strategies on time and within budget, managing projects to meet or exceed targets and deadlines;
- Liaising with, engaging and presenting to senior executives, business leaders and clients;
- Supporting the professional development of colleagues, including training opportunities; and,
- Organising events and identifying speaking opportunities to promote ARQ’s services.
About the team:
You will be joining a professional, experienced, and dynamic team of business advisors in corporate, compliance, regulatory, and risk advisors, collaborating and support each other in:
- Preparing the groundwork for organisations to be able to pursue meaningful and purpose led ESG strategies and targets (e.g., net zero road maps and strategies);
- Liaising with internal teams, including external experts, supervisors, academics, and other key external stakeholders;
- Enabling networking opportunities for learning, development, and progression.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Supporting senior stakeholder engagement workshops internally and externally for business clients and financial institutions across Malta and international markets;
- Challenging established businesses on how to effectively implement their environmental and sustainability programme;
- Evaluate sustainability disclosures and reporting for companies;
- Helping clients to formulate targets and meaningful commitments to carbon emissions and net zero targets across their organisation, supported by science-based methodologies;
- Help companies to implement ESG management and governance systems;
- Manage proposals and business development opportunities across a broad range of clients in both the private and public sector.
Experience and qualifications expected:
- Relevant degree or qualifications in sustainability, environment, geography, business etc;
- Relevant experience or background in ESG and/or ideally a consultancy background;
- Experience in developing ESG strategies;
- Experience of working with corporate clients and/or financial services companies across a different sectors;
- Experience of developing and contributing to managing projects;
- Excellent research, analytical, writing, and presentational skills;
- Personable character with an ability to foster good working relationships with clients; and,
- Ability to work across departments with other individuals or teams.
Opportunities of the role:
- The position is ideal for ambitious individuals who are interested in leading a high-profile business division and developing as a senior advisor.
- The position provides a unique opportunity to join the leadership team amongst qualified industry experts with international experience in advisory services, covering various engagements in different sectors of the business community, including banks and financial institutions.
- Besides the chance for professional growth, this position presents a unique opportunity for personal and professional development in a crucial area of the company, with potential progression to Directorship and Partnership level.
What we offer:
- Opportunities for career development.
- A hybrid approach to work.
- Private health insurance scheme.
- Exciting and friendly work environment.
- Continuous training opportunities.
- Competitive salary package.
- Achievement bonus for employees who further their education in relation to their role.
- An active social committee, organising various fun and team-building events on a regular basis.
Should the above vacancy be of interest to you, we would like to hear from you. An application letter, together with a detailed CV, should be sent to [email protected]. The short-listed candidates will be asked to attend an online interview.