ARQ Risk & Compliance Ltd is an advisory practice forming part of the ARQ Group that provides specialised advisory services in the field of risk management, regulatory compliance, and financial crime compliance.
The Risk Advisor will report to the Director (Risk Advisory) of ARQ Risk & Compliance Ltd. The selected candidate will join a team of risk management and financial crime compliance specialists engaged in the provision of advisory services to both Maltese and International financial services clients.
Leading and contributing to risk management advisory projects, including the carrying out of risk assessments, thematic reviews, drafting and/or review of policies and procedures, drafting and/or review of risk management frameworks, assistance with the drawing up and implementation of remediation plans and providing ongoing technical and operational assistance to Executive’s, Chief Risk Officers, and Risk functions.
Duties will Include:
- Assisting clients with business and internal risk management and control framework, identifying shortcomings and areas for improvement, and making recommendations that add value to the risk management function.
- Assist clients in developing risk analysis, stress testing simulations and scenario analysis of their capital adequacy and liquidity capacity.
- Support and provide research insights on changing regulations in areas of risk management, governance, and regulatory obligations for licensed entities.
- Provide expert guidance on policies and procedures, internal processes, and control frameworks, making recommendations to improve and strengthen risk management processes for clients.
- Provide inquisitive, value-additive, and forward-thinking insights on top and emerging risks for clients, providing advice in a thoughtful and structured manner.
- Plan, support and execute a risk management related projects with clients to deliver beneficial outcomes as their trusted risk and compliance partners.
Opportunities of the Role:
- The position is ideal for ambitious individuals who are interested in developing and furthering a career in financial services and/or risk management.
- The position provides a unique opportunity to join a team of qualified industry experts with international experience in risk and compliance, covering various engagements in different sectors – from banks and financial institutions to investment firms.
- Besides the chance for professional growth within the ARQ Group, this position presents a unique opportunity for personal and professional development in a crucial area for financial services.
Education and Experience
- A university degree or equivalent qualification in finance, banking/financial services, business, economics, accounting, risk management or a related area.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in financial services or financial institutions.
- Preferable, but not essential, a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a risk management position, compliance, regulatory reporting, finance or similar.
- Preferable, but not essential, experience within a second line of defence of a business.
- Preferable, but not essential, quantitative experience working on financial risk modelling and stress testing, including the ICAAP and ILAAP.
- Preferable, but not essential, understanding of the Supervisory Review and Evaluation Process (SREP), and EBA/MFSA guidance around aspects of banking regulation.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of the principles of risk management, including both financial risks (liquidity, capital, credit, market risk) alongside non-financial risks (operational risk, compliance, fraud risk).
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word and be ready to learn, if required.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Strong commitment to excellence and a keen eye for detail.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with minimal supervision, be able to prioritise and deliver quality work to meet strict deadlines.
What we Offer:
- Opportunities for career development.
- A hybrid approach to work.
- Private health insurance scheme.
- Exciting and friendly work environment.
- Continuous training opportunities.
- Competitive salary package.
- Achievement bonus for employees who further their education in relation to their role.
- An active social committee, organising various fun and team-building events on a regular basis.
Should the above vacancy be of interest to you, we would like to hear from you. An application letter together with a detailed CV should be sent to [email protected]. The short-listed candidates will be asked to attend an online interview.