Senior Executive – Accounting
Forming part of the ARQ Group, ARQ Accounting Limited provides local and international clients with a range of services that include Book-Keeping, Management Accounting, Payroll, VAT and Tax compliance services and acts as a trusted advisor, adding value to these standard services.
The Senior Executive – Accounting will report to the Accounting Supervisor. The selected candidate will be driven, ambitious and enjoys working in a challenging, fast-paced environment. This role calls for someone who is committed to delivering a high-quality customer experience to our clients.
- Responsible for a portfolio of clients.
- Preparation and review of management accounts and tax returns.
- Preparation and review of monthly VAT returns and VAT recapitulative statements.
- Preparation and review of tax returns.
- Liaising with the auditors.
- Develop the technical ability and mentor junior accountants.
- Effective task delegation to junior accountants and review of work to ensure quality control.
- Meeting with clients forming part of the assigned portfolio and attending to clients’ requests and queries.
Qualifications & Attributes:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a client accounting role.
- A full qualification in accounting or close to completing a university degree at master`s level in Accounting, ACA or ACCA.
- Have a sound knowledge of the IFRS and GAPSME reporting standards as well as the Income Tax Act and the Value Added Tax Act.
- Conversant with standard software packages, proficient in MS Excel and be ready to learn company-specific software if required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Able to work with a team and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritise and deliver within tight time frames.
- Have an interest to be exposed to payroll, tax returns and tax computations.
What We Offer:
- Opportunities for career development.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Private health insurance scheme.
- Exciting and friendly work environment.
- Continuous training opportunities.
- Competitive salary package.
- Achievement bonus for employees who further their education in relation to their role.
- An active social committee, organising various fun and team-building events on a regular basis.
Should the above vacancy be of interest to you, we would like to hear from you. An application letter together with a detailed CV can be submitted through the following link.
The short-listed candidates will be asked to attend an interview.