Senior Executive – Accounting
Forming part of the ARQ Group, ARQ Accounting Limited provides local and international clients with a range of services that include book-keeping, management accounting, payroll and VAT compliance services.
The Senior Executive – Accounting will report to the Accounting Supervisor. The selected candidate will be driven, ambitious and enjoys working in a challenging, fast-paced environment. This role calls for someone who is committed to delivering a high-quality customer experience to our clients.
- Responsible for a portfolio of clients.
- Handling of client requests
- Preparation and review of monthly VAT returns and VAT recapitulative statements.
- Preparation and review of management accounts.
- Liaising with the auditors.
- Dealing with audit queries and relating matters.
- Technically develop and mentor the junior accountants.
- Effective task delegation to junior accountants and review of work to ensure quality control.
- Meeting with clients forming part of your portfolio and attending to their requests and queries
Qualifications & Attributes:
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a client accounting role.
- A university degree in accounting, ACA or ACCA qualified.
- Have a sound knowledge of the IFRS and GAPSME reporting standards.
- Conversant with standard software packages, proficient in MS Excel and be ready to learn company-specific software if required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work with a team and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritise and deliver within tight time frames.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Experience in payroll and QuickBooks will be considered an asset.