Senior Executive – Accounts
Part of ARQ Group, ARQ Accounting Limited provides a range of local and international clients with Book-keeping, Management Accounting, Payroll and VAT Compliance services.
We are seeking to employ a Senior Executive to strengthen our Accounting team, under the supervision of the Accounting Manager & Partner. Based in our Birkirkara offices, the role requires a person with drive and ambition who also enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment. The candidate must be committed towards delivering a quality customer experience to our clients.
- Responsible for a portfolio of clients.
- Handling day to day operational requirements and client requests.
- Preparation and review of monthly VAT Returns and VAT Recapitulative statements.
- Preparation and review of management accounts and liaising with auditors.
- Dealing with audit queries and relating matters.
- Responsible for delegation of tasks to junior accountants and review of work accordingly.
- Technically develop the junior accountants.
- Meeting with clients forming part of his/her portfolio and attending to their requests and queries.
- Attention to detail
- Highly organised person
- Experience in payroll and Quickbooks is considered an asset.
- Have a sound knowledge of the IFRS and GAPSME reporting standards.
- Able to work on own initiative and in a team whilst adhering to deadlines.
- Have the ability to work and perform under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting, ACA or ACCA qualified.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role in Client Accounting will be considered an asset.