Senior Compliance Advisor
ARQ Risk & Compliance Ltd is an advisory practice forming part of the ARQ Group that provides specialised advisory services in the field of AML/CFT, GDPR and regulatory compliance.
The Senior Advisor (AML/CFT Compliance) will report to the Head of Risk & Compliance (Advisory) through the Senior Manager. The selected candidate will join a team of financial crime compliance specialists engaged in the provision of advisory services to clients.
- Leading and contributing to financial crime compliance advisory projects, including the carrying out of process audits, gap analysis, simulated on-site inspections, the drafting and/or review of policies and procedures, the drafting and/or review of staff manuals, assistance with the drawing up and implementation of remediation plans and providing ongoing technical and operational assistance to MLROs and Compliance Officers.
- Assisting clients with the drawing up and updating of AML/CFT risk assessments.
- Carrying out internal and external reviews of the adequacy of policies and procedures and their implementation, and the drawing up of reports and remediation plans.
- Where ARQ Risk & Compliance Ltd is appointed for this purpose, carrying out and contributing to the coordination of regulatory examinations.
- Participation in both short and long-term projects in which ARQ staff are either seconded to clients or carry out compliance-related duties at the offices of clients. Tasks undertaken could include sanctions screening, the review of suspicious transactions, ongoing transaction monitoring, file reviews, account reviews, file remediation and the carrying out of customer risk assessments.
- Leading AML/CFT projects and providing support to team members to ensure that all projects are executed in a timely manner.
- Coaching, mentoring, and guiding other advisors.
- Delivering AML/CFT training workshops.
- Providing internal support to the companies forming part of the ARQ group of companies.
- Development and management of systems adopted by the department, ensuring their effectiveness and efficiency.
The position is ideal for ambitious individuals interested in developing a career in AML/CFT and financial crime compliance. The position provides a unique opportunity to join a team of qualified and experienced compliance specialists involved in various engagements in different sectors – from banks and financial institutions to investment firms to top-tier gaming companies. Besides the chance for professional growth within the ARQ Group, this position presents a unique opportunity for personal and professional development in a crucial area for the financial services and gaming industries.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years` experience in an AML/CFT role.
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience in a senior position.
- A university degree or equivalent qualification in a related area.
- Previous experience working with a regulatory/supervisory body or advisory firm will be considered an asset.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Sound working knowledge of the laws governing the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta, the FIAU Implementing Procedures, the relevant EU legislation, and the international standards.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word and be ready to learn company-specific software, if required.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Strong commitment to excellence and a keen eye for detail.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with minimal supervision, be able to prioritise and deliver quality work to meet strict deadlines.