Senior Manager – FSU
ARQ Advisory Limited is the business advisory arm of ARQ Group which is run by a team of experienced professionals having a sound understanding of both domestic as well as cross-border legal, regulatory, fiscal, and administrative environments. Our team has a strong track record in the areas of remote gaming, investment migration, maritime and aviation services, tourism, and real estate.
The Senior Manager will report to the Directors of ARQ Advisory Limited, either directly or through the Head of the Department, as may be directed from time to time. He/she will form part of the senior management team of ARQ Group.
- Leading regulatory compliance projects and providing support to team members, ensuring that all deliverables are concluded in a timely manner.
- Managing licence applications and liaising with clients in relation to application submissions.
Participating in engagements as an expert in regulatory on-site visits.
- Coaching, mentoring, and guiding other advisors.
- Delivering training sessions and workshops, as may be required from time to time.
- Providing consultancy and regulatory support to designated officers, so appointed on licensed entities.
- Managing internal and external reviews of the adequacy of policies and procedures and their implementation, and the drawing up of remediation plans.
- Providing internal support to the entities within the ARQ Group in the development of procedures and the application of those procedures.
- Responding to enquiries received from prospective clients and preparing proposals for the clients’ consideration.
- Designing, executing, and evaluating the department’s marketing plans to meet established targets and goals.
- Contributing to content writing and business development.
- Following the local and international regulatory scene, monitoring, and reviewing all developments within the regulatory environment.
Qualifications & Attributes
- A university degree or equivalent qualification in a related area.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a managerial position.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working within the financial services industry.
- In-depth knowledge of the regulatory framework underlying the financial services industry, and related industries.
- Good organisational and project management skills, able to delegate work and manage a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Strong commitment to excellence and a keen eye for detail.
- Able to prioritise and deliver quality work to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive, attentive, and eager to ensure all regulatory compliance is adhered to, at all times.
- Ability to keep abreast with upcoming developments and willingness to quickly respond to changes within the industry.
- Previous experience working with a regulatory/supervisory body or advisory firm will be considered an asset.