Senior Manager – Tax
We are looking to recruit a full time Senior Manager – Tax to join our growing team. This is a dynamic role that requires an energetic individual who is motivated and who enjoys working in a challenging professional services environment.
The Senior Manager – Tax shall have a leadership role within ARQ Group and will be responsible for leading and developing the ARQ Tax team as well as in managing a mature and diversified client portfolio and delivering an exceptional client experience.
Reporting to the Partner and forming part of the senior management team, the Senior Manager – Tax will be a strategic thinker with excellent business acumen and strong domestic and cross border tax skills. He/she will effectively manage business resources and drive the team to achieve the company’s vision and meet its key performance objectives.
Whilst possessing excellent management and leadership qualities and being results-oriented are considered as requisite skills for this role, the selected candidate must also possess excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and be a great communicator. Committed to high standards, the candidate will ensure that the company follows good corporate governance principles and practices and will act with integrity and discretion when required.
- Have experience in domestic as well as in cross border and international tax issues;
- Take ownership of the Tax Unit within the organisation;
- Drive and oversee the development of the unit;
- Train Tax associates;
- Improve the organisation’s market position by defining long-term organisational strategic goals, building key-customer relationships and identifying business opportunities which lead to securing business deals;
- Adopt a proactive approach;
- Be capable of providing Tax and VAT advisory services at the highest level;
- Attend and speak at conferences both locally and abroad;
- Review Tax Returns for corporates, individuals and other bodies of persons;
- Review Tax Refund forms and shareholders registration forms;
- Assist the responsible Partner in complex Tax and VAT Advisory projects;
- Assist in the preparation of articles, newsletters and other marketing materials;
- Understand clients’ needs in order to develop workable solutions;
- Provide clients with timely advise on the impact of changes in international taxation;
- Set and achieve key performance targets for the team;
- Support and work closely with other entities within the Group to ensure a seamless flow of information and work practices
Education & Experience:
- The candidate will be a warranted accounting professional and have a minimum of five years’ experience in a senior management role within the field of Tax;
- A proven track record in client relationship management and managing a team;
- Be analytical and have sound problem-solving skills;
- Experience working in a fast paced and multi-cultural environment;
- Possess strong presentation skills and able to deliver to international audiences;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English and Maltese;
- A combination of decisiveness and sound judgement.