Manager – Tax
We are looking to recruit a Manager – Tax to join our growing team on reduced hours basis. This is a dynamic role that requires an energetic individual who is motivated and who enjoys working in a challenging professional services environment.
The Manager – Tax shall have a leadership role within ARQ Group and will be responsible for leading and further developing the ARQ Tax team as well as in managing a mature and diversified client portfolio and delivering exceptional client experience.
Reporting to the Partner, the Manager – Tax will be a strategic thinker with excellent business acumen and strong domestic and cross border tax skills. S/He will effectively manage business resources and drive the team to achieve the company’s vision and meet its key performance objectives.
Whilst possessing excellent management and leadership qualities and being results-oriented are considered as requisite skills for this role, the selected candidate must also possess excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and be a great communicator. Committed to high standards, the candidate will ensure that the company follows good corporate governance principles and practices and will act with integrity and discretion when required.
- Have experience in domestic as well as in cross border and international tax issues.
- Take ownership of the Tax Unit within the organisation.
- Drive and oversee the development of the unit.
- Train Tax associates.
- Improve the organisation’s market position by defining long-term organisational strategic goals, building key-customer relationships and identifying business opportunities which lead to securing business deals.
- Adopt a proactive approach.
- Be capable of providing Tax and VAT advisory services at the highest level.
- Review Tax Returns for corporates, individuals and other bodies of persons.
- Review Tax Refund forms and shareholders registration forms.
- Assist the responsible Partner in complex Tax and VAT Advisory projects.
- Assist in the preparation of articles, newsletters and other marketing materials.
- Understand clients’ needs in order to develop workable solutions.
- Provide clients with timely advise on the impact of changes in international taxation.
- Set and achieve key performance targets for the team.
- Support and work closely with other entities within the Group to ensure a seamless flow of information and work practices.
Education & Experience:
- The candidate will be a warranted accounting professional and have a minimum of five years’ experience in a management role within the field of Tax.
- A proven track record in client relationship management and managing a team.
- Be analytical and have sound problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in a fast paced and multi-cultural environment.
- Possess strong presentation skills and able to deliver to international audiences.
- Strong verbal and written skills in English and Maltese.
- A combination of decisiveness and sound judgement.