Supervisor – Accounting
Forming part of the ARQ Group, ARQ Accounting Limited provides local and international clients with a range of services that include book-keeping, management accounting, payroll and VAT compliance services and acts as a trusted advisor, adding value to these standard services.
The Supervisor – Accounting will report to the Partner managing ARQ Accounting Limited. The selected candidate will be driven, ambitious and enjoys working in a challenging, fast-paced environment. This role calls for someone who is committed to delivering a high-quality customer experience to our clients.
- Supervising and monitoring the work prepared by the team to ensure established policies and procedures are always followed.
- Supervising and overseeing the daily operations of the Accounting department.
- Planning, prioritising and resourcing for the successful completion of daily tasks and projects.
- Providing excellent customer service ensuring clients receive prompt feedback to their requests and queries.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with clients while fostering open communication to manage expectations and meet deadlines.
- Ensuring an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Assisting in the formulation of professional development and educational plans for members of staff.
- Providing an on the job learning experience sharing meaningful feedback in a timely manner.
- Establishing and enforcing proper Accounting methodology, policies, and principles.
- Assisting the Partner managing ARQ Accounting Limited to identify inefficiencies in workflow, and implementing new processes and procedures to ensure timely, accurate financial reporting.
- Handling accountancy, payroll and VAT services for an assigned portfolio of clients.
Qualifications & Attributes:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a client accounting role.
- A University degree at master’s level in Accounting, ACA or ACCA qualified.
- Capable of managing a team, inspiring, mentoring, and supervising team members to meet demanding deadlines.
- Ability to work with a team and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Have a strong knowledge of the IFRS and GAPSME reporting standards.
- Conversant with standard software packages, proficient in MS Excel and be ready to learn company-specific software if required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritise and deliver within tight time frames.
- Experience working with payroll software and QuickBooks will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge in either taxation and/or liquidations will also be considered an asset.