Supervisor – Accounting
Forming part of the ARQ Group, ARQ Accounting Limited provides local and international clients with a range of services that include Book-Keeping, Management Accounting, Payroll, VAT and Tax compliance services and acts as a trusted advisor, adding value to these standard services.
The Supervisor – Accounting will report to the Assistant Manager managing ARQ Accounting Limited. The selected candidate will be driven, ambitious and enjoys working in a challenging, fast-paced environment. This role calls for someone who is committed to delivering a high-quality customer experience to our clients.
- Undertaking Accounting, VAT return and Tax return reviews.
- Supervising and monitoring the work prepared by the team to ensure established policies and procedures are always followed.
- Supervising and overseeing the daily operations of the Accounting department.
- Providing excellent customer service ensuring clients receive prompt feedback to their requests and queries.
- Ensuring an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Providing an on the job learning experience sharing meaningful feedback in a timely manner.
- Keeping abreast with local and international accounting and tax developments and contribute to the firm’s knowledge base.
- Assisting the Assistant Manager to identify inefficiencies in workflow, and implementing new processes and procedures to ensure timely, accurate financial reporting.
Qualifications & Attributes:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a client accounting role.
- A University degree at master’s level in Accounting, ACA or ACCA qualified.
- Capable of managing a team, inspiring, mentoring, and supervising team members to meet demanding deadlines.
- Ability to work with a team and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Have a strong knowledge of the IFRS and GAPSME reporting standards as well as the Income Tax Act and the Value Added Tax Act.
- Conversant with standard software packages, proficient in MS Excel and be ready to learn company-specific software if required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritise and deliver within tight time frames.
- Knowledge in taxation and/or liquidations will also be considered an asset.
What We Offer:
- Opportunities for career development.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Private health insurance scheme.
- Exciting and friendly work environment.
- Continuous training opportunities.
- Competitive salary package.
- Achievement bonus for employees who further their education in relation to their role.
- An active social committee, organising various fun and team-building events on a regular basis.
Should the above vacancy be of interest to you, we would like to hear from you. An application letter together with a detailed CV can be submitted to this link
The short-listed candidates will be asked to attend an interview.