Internet Investigative Skills Course (for CDD)
Learn how to search for online information, identify credible sources, analyse, keep effective records and apply appropriate security techniques to avoid compromise.
Intelect, a leading training and cyber security risk management company based in the Isle of Man, will be partnering with ARQ Group in delivering this IIS course in Malta (two seperate sessions). Kindly note that registration is on a first come first serve basis so as to ensure individual attention. A maximum of 20 spaces per course are available.
Who should attend
This CPD certified course (UK) is ideal for compliance officers, money laundering reporting officers, risk analysts and those tasked with managing organisational risk.
Why you should attend
Google is estimated to have indexed 60 trillion web pages, but that only represents about 5% of the volume of information that is on the Internet. If an analyst or compliance officer relies solely on Google, a lot of relevant information would be missed. Search engine results are configured by complex automated algorithms. While search engines might seem to make life easier, without a basic understanding of what is going on in the background you can be misled into thinking the information you are looking for doesn’t exist.
- Understand the differences between the surface, deep and dark web
- To construct and apply the most effective search terms when searching for online information
- To apply investigative techniques when searching the Internet for information
- Critically evaluate online data and understand how to identity credible sources
- To operate in a safe manner when online and whilst handling sensitive data
- Be able to apply effective and practical security measures so as to avoid investigative compromise
- To construct search strings and a range of techniques to access material often hidden to the less advanced user
- Application of investigative techniques to access social media profiles for the purpose of Customer Due Diligence
- To have an awareness of appropriate legislation relevant to internet investigations
Learning is reinforced with a series of relevant practical exercises conducted over the two days (from 9:00 – 17:00). Delegates will be required to bring a WiFi enabled laptop on both days. A light lunch will be provided on both days.
This course is certified as 14hrs of learning by the UK CPD Service (more details at https://cpduk.co.uk/directory/profile/ intelect). Certificates can be provided upon request.
For more information or to reserve your spot, kindly contact us on [email protected]
Kindly note that registration is on a first come first serve basis in order for individual attention to be ensured. A maximum of 20 spaces per course are available.