Electronic Money Institution – Fact Sheet
EMIs in Malta are licensed and regulated in terms of the Financial Institutions Act under the MFSA (Malta Financial Services Authority).
Permissible activities for EMIs:
- Issuing of Electronic Money;
- Provision of payment services in terms of the licensable activities applicable to PSPs;
- Granting of credit related to payment services listed under certain PSP activities;
- Operational services and closely related ancillary services in respect of the issuing of electronic money or the provision of payment services;
- The operation of payment systems;
- Certain business activities other than the issuance of electronic money;
- EMIs may issue debit cards (such as a chip device) but may not issue credit cards.
Subscribe below to download.