Payment Service Provider – Fact Sheet
PSPs in Malta are licensed and regulated in terms of the Financial Institutions Act under the MFSA (Malta Financial Services Authority).
Permissible activities for PSP’s:
- Services enabling cash to be placed on a payment account as well as all the operations required for operating a payment account;
- Services enabling cash withdrawals from a payment account as well as all the operations required for operating a payment account;
- Execution of payment transactions, including transfer of funds;
- Execution of payment transactions where the funds are covered by a credit line for a payment service user;
- Issuing and/or acquiring of payment instruments;
- Money remittance;
- Payment initiation services;
- Account information services;
Subscribe below to download.