The Maltese Citizenship by Naturalisation (ESDI) Programme is designed to attract high-net-worth individuals (and their dependents), allowing them to obtain Maltese Citizenship, in exchange for a direct, foreign investment and contribution towards the economic and social development of Malta.
The Programme, which was initially introduced in 2014 and revised in 2021, features some of the highest standards for applicant screening, requiring all applicants having a completely clean personal background and no criminal record. Malta’s four-tier due diligence system, which is considered to be the most thorough in the world, ensures that the Maltese ESDI Programme is the most well-regarded and reputable of its kind.
After complying with the due diligence process, Maltese Citizenship is typically granted after a 12 to a 36 month period of residency.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
- The Maltese passport is ranked 8th globally;
- EU & Commonwealth member state;
- Issuance of residence cards for a period of 3 years upon ESDI application. During this time the applicant will be allowed to reside in Malta and travel freely within the Schengen area, prior to obtaining the Maltese citizenship;
- Maltese citizenship gives right of establishment in all 27 EU countries and Switzerland;
- Visa-free travel to 182 countries, including the US, Canada, the UK, Australia and Hong Kong;
- Benefits apply to the entire family, including spouse, dependent children under 29 years, and dependent parents over 55 years (if included in the application);
- Favourable tax regime – fixed rates of taxation and double taxation relief;
- Citizenship status is automatically inherited by future generations;
- Under Article 22(2) of the Maltese Constitution, dual or multiple citizenship is permitted and the applicant is not obliged to renounce his/her previous citizenship.
ARQ Immigration Advisory Ltd, licensed by the Community Malta Agency (License number AKM-ARQI), stands ready to guide clients through this programme.
Our expert, multi-lingual team ensures a smooth application process.
For further details please contact on [email protected]