Malta Retirement Programme
The Maltese government introduced the Malta Retirement Programme (MRP) in 2012, with the objective of attracting EU/EEA and Swiss nationals that are in receipt of a pension as their primary and regular source of income. Applicants under this programme benefit of a tax incentive of 15% flat rate on the remitted pension to Malta subject to a minimum annual tax of €7,500.
The Applicant must show that he/she:
- Is fluent in one of the official Maltese languages (Maltese and/or English);
- Owns qualifying property in Malta (owned or leased) for the value of €275,000 (reduced to €250,000 if situated in the south of Malta or Gozo), or alternatively pays rent which is not less than €9,600 per annum (reduced to €8,750 if the property is situated in the south of Malta or Gozo);
- Has sufficient resources to support himself/herself and any dependents;
- Is in possession of health insurance covering himself/herself and any dependents;
- Be in receipt of pension income that constitutes at least 75% of the total receivable income.
- €2,500 administrative fees for each application