Residency Through Employment and Self-Employment
EU/EEA and Swiss nationals that seek employment in Malta are required to hold an employment licence as well as a residence permit to be able to work in Malta.
The applicant must show that he/she:
- Is in possession of health insurance covering himself/herself and any dependents;
- Has stable and regular means and resources to support himself/herself and any dependents;
- Has appropriate title to property in Malta (owned or leased);
- Holds valid employment contract;
- Holds an ETC permit which has been applied for by the relevant employer.