Malta Residence and Visa Programme
In 2014, the Maltese government introduced the Malta Residence and Visa Programme to grant Third Country Nationals and his/her dependants a permanent residence status in the Island. The programme is aimed at attracting third Country Nationals of high repute that have an intention of investing in the Island.
The applicant must show that he/she:
- Owns qualifying property in Malta (owned or leased) for the value of €320,000 (reduced to €270,000 if situated in the south of Malta or Gozo), or alternatively leases property of not less than €12,000 per annum (reduced to €10,000 if the property is situated in the south of Malta or Gozo);
- Has sufficient resources to support himself/herself and any dependents;
- Is in possession of health insurance covering himself/herself and any dependents.
- €30,000 administrative fees for each application
- €250,000 investment in government stocks and bonds, to be kept for a minimum period of five years.